LOADING

ST NICHOLAS' CHAPEL

FAMECK

123 rue St Roch
Morlange
57290 FAMECK

About

Morlange, away from the commune of Fameck, is located about ten kilometres west of Thionville. The chapel’s bell-tower rises over the village, and is devoted to Saint Nicholas and Saint Roch. Classified in the inventory of historic monuments on 31 January 1845, it is one of the most beautiful and best preserved historic examples of Romanesque art in the region. A haven of peace at the bottom of the Justemont hills, the chapel stands away from prying eyes, in the middle of a grassy enclosure, whose entry is embellished by a splendid Renaissance portal curiously carved and topped by a coat of arms.


ANOMALIE DE PARAMETRAGE : afficher couplages est désactivé et le gabarit de couplages est publié